>

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WINE LABELS & WATERCOLOR

Just felt like playing around with watercoloring today.  First, I made several large panels of backgrounds with distress ink - smooshing the inks onto the watercolor paper.  While that was drying, I inked up a solid flower stamp with distress marker, spritzed it with water and stamped onto a wine label (courtesy of Jacqueline).  Next did second and third generation stamping.  Then I stamped the outline version of the same stamp over the center flower and used a fine line marker to give the other impressions some definition.  Added the borders and done.
For the next card, I stamped the outline version of the stamp and then used distress markers and a little water to color the flowers.  I put a tiny bit of water on the flower first and then added colors until I liked the result.
I like the second one better, but they were both fun to do. 

Supplies:
Stamp:  Hero Arts CL779
Inks: TH Distress markers - tumbled glass, broken china, peeled paint, shabby shutters.
Other: Artists Loft 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper.

Thanks for stopping by and always appreciate your kind comments.  Betty

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Betty! Love this blue color. And everytime I see these flowers, I think , I put them on my wishlist!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see that you're back in your studio creating, Betty!!!
    Really gorgeous cards! Beautiful water coloring, and I love that you used those lovely wine labels for your design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!