>

Sunday, December 7, 2014

CHRISTMAS CARD FOR 3 CHALLENGES

I started out to design this card for Merry Monday's challenge (bird) and then realized I could also use it for Curtain Call (aqua and lime green) and Paper Players (fancy).

I adhered the silver dot vellum to white cardstock and die cut the tag.  Die cut the bird from silver paper and covered it with glossy accents to give it some shine.  The branch and sentiment are cut from glitter paper.  I colored the silk ribbon with a copic marker. 

Supplies: HA sentiment, MFT tag, MB bird & branch dies; May Arts silk ribbon; DCWV and SU glitter paper and Neenah metallic cs.

Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.  This may be my last post for the year as I leave for London next Sunday to spend Christmas with my family there.  May you have a peaceful Christmas and a blessed New Year.  Betty

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Betty! Love the colors! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday and have a Blessed Christmas and a very happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Betty, love these colours together, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super elegant tag on a card, Betty! Love the sparkly branch and the elegant bird! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i discovered your website while browsing for some Merry Christmas Greetings . I'm happy to have found your website as i get inspired by your lovely creation. I hope you win the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Betty! I love the polka dots on the tag and your bird on the branch is so elegant! Beautiful color combo, too! You did a great job combining these challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip, Betty! This card is so creative, elegant & beautiful--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Betty, thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Betty

    have a nice holiday in London

    Merry Christmas, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Betty! I LOVE the blue merry and the green ribbon! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players in our Black Tie challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your style,beautiful design!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, I love your pretty card! The tag is so festive! I hope you have a wonderful time in London! Happy Holiday and Best Wishes in the New Year! Thank you for taking time to join us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card. And because of the silver, it is awesome for Christmas. We took a long walk , in our nearby forest, on Christmas, and saw all kind of birds. We admired the beautiful december light on the branches. We even got some sun! This morning when I got up, guess what....it was snowing! just after Christmas :). Hope you have a wonderful time in Londen. Must be great to be there on Christmas! Greetings from Holland!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!