>

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

AUTUMN LEAVES MAKEOVER
  Hero Arts is soon going to launch a makeover of their website on 1 September.  As part of the celebration they are having a "makeover" challenge.  I have never done a makeover of one of my cards and it really is kind of fun - the hard part was choosing a card. 


Makeover Card


Original Card

The original card was done in 2011 - seems I was doing a lot of sewing and using patterned paper back then.  I still rather like it, but think the makeover is a little more classy because it is simpler.

I stamped the HA leaf on rice paper which my friend Cindy sent to me.  It is such fun to use - stamped the leaves with wild honey, dried marigold, peeled paint and seedless preserves distress inks - spritzed it quite heavily with water and just let the colors go where ever.  When it was dry I stamped a few leaves randomly on top of the colors and then mounted it on some Neenah gold metallic cardstock.  The HA sentiment was stamped on vellum with Versamark and embossed with HA gold.  The leaf (part of a Petite Prints set) is no longer available and the sentiment (CL380) has limited availability from Hero Arts.  Added some clear sequins and done.  

Thanks for visiting today and always enjoy reading your kind comments.  Betty


12 comments:

  1. More stunning awesomeness from you Betty my friend! Fabulous! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know how much I LOVED your first card with its watercolory goodness. But that second card is AMAZING too! I love the way the leaves seem to be floating slowly downward. So pretty, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are really pretty, Betty! Isn't it fun to see how our styles change and grow! Love the loose, watercolor look of the new card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. just LOVE the makeover Betty. Really pretty and so trendy at the moment with the watercolour look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colors and design Betty.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your original card is so pretty, Betty! I love the background and the leaves add so much texture to this card! Your makeover card is STUNNING! I really love the artistic feel of the leaves and how the colors blended with the rice paper! I also love how you stamped the sentiment on vellum...Looks like a winner to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a terrific modern transformation Betty--completely different feel. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a transformation...love the new card. That rice paper really is something special. Love what you did there. Your first card is lovely as well. I think the impact of that lovely purple on the first card is just outshining everything,

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your makeover...such a great change! :)

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it turned out so beautifully Betty!! I l love how the colour spread and you define it even more by stamping over it, your makeover card is awesome!! So glad you are enjoying using the rice paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Betty this is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen!!!!!! Love the look of stamping on rice paper and the misting,WOW! What a makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!